Partial List of Council Projects and Concerns:
- Sponsor and present the annual Big Horn Outdoor Adventure
- Participated in planting thousands of plants and shrubs
in Eastern Washington for habitat reestablishment.
- Work to improve landowner/ sportsman relations.
- Assist law enforcement by providing $500 rewards for the
conviction of anyone illegally taking big horn sheep, moose, caribou or
- Sponsor and provide Hunter Education classes annually,
training over 300 persons each year.
- Helped establish Project Wild, a K-12 wildlife education
- Participated in waterfowl habitat improvement projects in
coordination with the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Provide for the annual distribution of thousands of
pheasant chicks throughout Eastern Washington
- Developed in-stream fish spawning areas in several
- Annually provide and fill feeders for upland game and
- Work with Fish and Wildlife staff in an elk calf
radio-collaring program to research mortality problems.
- Support many projects with the Bureau of Land Management
in making federally owned lands available to the public.
- Work with various ranger districts of the US Forest
Service to improve fishing, hunting and wildlife appreciation
- Work with local, state and federal legislators to help
insure the future of our hunting, fishing and wildlife viewing.
- Work on projects to facilitate access and use by disabled
hunters, anglers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Coordinate and work with other outdoor clubs and
organizations to enhance hunting, fishing and wildlife appreciation
- Work with various local, state and federal agencies in
matters pertaining to wildlife habitat and the environment – to
keep members informed of the issues and concerns so they may interact
with the appropriate agency.
- Provide input into the federal regulations concerning
waterfowl. Also review use or loss of public lands to determine their
effects on waterfowl.